Remember Me and I will remember you

Quran 2:152:

Then do ye remember Me; I will remember you. Be grateful to Me, and reject not Faith.

The following excerpt is taken from “Bayan ul Quran” by Dr. Israr Ahmad Surah 2 verse 152:

(152) “Therefore, remember Me, and I will remember you.” Remembering Allah (SWT)
means to remember His commands and Allah (SWT) says, He will remember you i.e. He will reward and forgive you. There is a hadith in which the Messenger of
Allah is reported to have said:
“Allah (SWT) the Exalted said, ‘O’ son of Adam! If you mention Me to yourself, I
will mention you to Myself. If you mention Me in a gathering, I will mention you in
a gathering of the angels (or said in a better gathering). If you draw closer to Me
by a hand span, I will draw closer to you by forearm’s length. If you draw closer
to Me by a forearm’s length, I will draw closer to you by an arm’s length. And if
you come to Me walking, I will come to you running.”
Allah (SWT) states, “Be grateful to Me and never disbelieve Me.” i.e. thank Allah (SWT)
and be grateful to Him for all the favors and blessings He bestowed upon you

Quran 2:186:

When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them): I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me: Let them also, with a will, Listen to My call, and believe in Me: That they may walk in the right way.

The following excerpt is taken from “Tafsir Ibn Kathir” vol 1 surah 2 verse 186 pg. 1-5:

Allah hears the Servant’s Supplication
Allah says;

And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad
concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to
them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of
the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any
mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and
believe in Me, so that they may be led aright.
Imam Ahmad reported that Abu Musa Al-Ashari said,
“We were in the company of Allah’s Messenger
during a battle. Whenever we climbed a high
place, went up a hill or went down a valley, we
used to say, `Allah is the Most Great,’ raising our
voices.

The Prophet came by us and said:

O people! Be merciful to yourselves (i.e., don’t
raise your voices), for you are not calling a deaf
or an absent one, but One Who is All-Hearer, AllSeer. The One Whom you call is closer to one of
you than the neck of his animal.
O Abdullah bin Qais (Abu Musa’s name) should I
teach you a statement that is a treasure of
Paradise: `La hawla wa la quwwata illa billah
(there is no power or strength except from
Allah).’
This Hadith was also recorded in the Two
Sahihs, and Abu Dawud, An-Nasa’i, At-Tirmidhi
and Ibn Majah recorded similar wordings.

Furthermore, Imam Ahmad recorded that Anas said that
the Prophet said:

Allah the Exalted said, `I am as My servant
thinks of Me, and I am with him whenever he
invokes Me.’

Allah accepts the Invocation
Imam Ahmad also recorded Abu Sa`id saying that the Prophet
said:

No Muslim supplicates to Allah with a Du`a that does
not involve sin or cutting the relations of the womb, but
Allah will grant him one of the three things.

o He will either hasten the response to his
supplication,
o save it for him until the Hereafter, or
o would turn an equivalent amount of evil away
from him.”

They said, “What if we were to recite more (Du`a).”

He said, (Allahu Akbar) there is more with Allah.

Abdullah the son of Imam Ahmad recorded Ubaydah bin As Samit saying that the Prophet said:

There is no Muslim man on the face of the earth who
supplicates to Allah but Allah would either grant it to
him, or avert harm from him of equal proportions, as
long as his supplication does not involve sin or cutting
the relations of the womb.

At-Tirmidhi recorded this Hadith.
Imam Malik recorded that Abu Hurayrah narrated that Allah’s
Messenger said:

One’s supplication will be accepted as long as he does
not get hasty and say, `I have supplicated but it has not
been accepted from me.”
This Hadith is recorded in the Two Sahihs from Malik,
and this is the wording of Al-Bukhari.

Muslim recorded that the Prophet said:

The supplication of the servant will be accepted as long
as he does not supplicate for what includes sin, or
cutting the relations of the womb, and as long as he
does not become hasty.
He was asked, “O Messenger of Allah! How does one
become hasty?”

He said,

He says, `I supplicated and supplicated, but I do not see
that my supplication is being accepted from me.’ He thus
looses interest and abandons supplicating (to Allah).

Three Persons Whose Supplication will not be rejected
In the Musnad of Imam Ahmad and the Sunans of At-Tirmidhi,
An-Nasa’i and Ibn Majah it is recorded that;
Abu Hurayrah narrated that Allah’s Messenger said:

Three persons will not have their supplication rejected:
• the just ruler,
• the fasting person until breaking the fast, and
• the supplication of the oppressed person,
for Allah raises it above the clouds on the Day of
Resurrection, and the doors of heaven will be
opened for it, and Allah says, `By My grace! I will
certainly grant it for you, even if after a while.’

References:

Ahmad, Israr. (2012). Bayan ul Quran. (Surah al Baqarah verse 152). http://www.islamicweblibrary.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/2-Al-Baqarah.pdf

Kathir, Ibn. Tafsir Ibn Kathir. (vo. 1 surah 2 verse 186 p. 1-5). https://ia803208.us.archive.org/22/items/TafseerIbnKathirenglish114SurahsComplete/002BaqarahI.pdf